LeanTaaS Wins Multiple Categories in the 2022 BIG Awards for Business for Second Year in a Row
Healthcare analytics company named back-to-back winner of “New Product of the Year” and “Case Study of the Year” award categories
SANTA CLARA, Calif. — Nov. 29, 2022 — LeanTaaS, Inc., a Silicon Valley-based technology innovator and market leader that transforms core healthcare operational processes to increase patient access, decrease wait times, reduce healthcare delivery costs, and improve revenue, today announced its iQueue product suite for Operating Rooms, Infusion Centers, and Inpatient Beds was named winner in the “New Product of the Year” category for the 2022 BIG Awards for Business. Its Gartner case study with Baptist Health was also named winner of the “Case Study of the Year” category. This diverse industry awards program offers companies a chance to be globally recognized by panels of business veterans and leaders.
In June 2022, with innovation and customer feedback at the forefront, LeanTaaS released new enhancements to its existing line of iQueue products to help providers address industry challenges related to constrained resources, staffing shortages, and increased patient demand. These enhancements included:
iQueue for Operating Rooms:
- Staffing support through “Future Volume Predictions”: This new feature allows nurse managers/anesthesia staff to peek into future case volume four weeks out to better match staff with patient demand, critical during this workforce shortage. The tool analyzes current bookings, block schedules, physician’s booking and cancellation patterns, and holidays/breaks to provide volume predictions.
- Predicting unfilled blocks to increase access to OR time: The tool allows OR schedulers to predict with 99% confidence how many blocks are likely to be unfilled, up to 21 days in advance and provides early access to auto-release time, making OR time much more likely to be filled so staff can book extra cases or close rooms in advance.
- Automation through “In-App Messaging”: This feature eliminates manual phone calls, faxes, and emails in the OR scheduling process, replacing them with a robust, HIPAA-compliant digital workflow for efficient case communication.
iQueue for Infusion Centers:
- Optimizing nursing resource utilization through “Nurse Pull”: Combines process optimization of clinical operations with advanced algorithms to help infusion centers transition from a “push” method of assigning nurses to a “pull” method, allowing nurses to connect with patients as they’re available.
iQueue for Inpatient Beds:
- Improved LOS through accurate “Patient Level Discharge Predictions”: Improves accuracy of the likelihood of discharges, patient by patient and unit by unit, enabling frontline staff to make data-driven decisions that ensure patients are discharged on time.
“Our team continues to innovate and introduce new product enhancements to help our healthcare customers improve their operations despite incredible industry challenges,” said Mohan Giridharadas, LeanTaaS founder and CEO. “It’s an honor for our work to be recognized as winners of the BIG Awards for Business two years in a row. I want to formally thank our amazing team for their hard work and dedication to transforming hospital operations through the use of predictive analytics, AI, and ML applications.”
Additionally, LeanTaaS’ iQueue for Operating Rooms case study with Gartner and Baptist Health won the “Case Study of the Year” category. The case study “Take an AI-Based Approach to Operating Room Scheduling and Utilization” (Gartner, Barry Runyon, August 2022) states that effective OR scheduling optimization can improve case throughput, OR capacity and utilization, clinician satisfaction and retention, patient experience measures, and healthcare provider revenue.
As a large, complex, busy, not-for-profit, integrated delivery network with five hospitals, 74 operating rooms, and approximately 47,000 surgeries annually, Baptist Health wanted to increase utilization of its OR suites to conduct more cases and engage surgeons. After implementing iQueue for Operating Rooms, Baptist Health increased its OR prime time utilization by 16% across the system. Robot utilization improved by 45% at Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville’s Main OR. Baptist delayed significant capital expenditures on additional operating rooms and robots previously thought necessary to increase volume. The standardized, streamlined scheduling process in iQueue also helped OR schedulers book four additional cases per hospital per day.
About Business Intelligence Group
The Business Intelligence Group was founded with the mission of recognizing true talent and superior performance in the business world. Unlike other industry award programs, business executives—those with experience and knowledge—judge the programs. The organization’s proprietary and unique scoring system selectively measures performance across multiple business domains and then rewards those companies whose achievements stand above those of their peers.
LeanTaaS provides software solutions that combine lean principles, predictive and prescriptive analytics, and machine learning to transform hospital and infusion center operations. The company’s software is being used by over 140 health systems across the nation, which all rely on the iQueue cloud-based solutions to increase patient access, decrease wait times, reduce healthcare delivery costs, and improve revenue. LeanTaaS is based in Santa Clara, California, and Charlotte, North Carolina. For more information about LeanTaaS, please visit https://leantaas.com/, and connect on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
LeanTaaS Media Contact