SANTA CLARA, Calif. — Jan. 26, 2023 — LeanTaaS, Inc., a Silicon Valley-based leading provider of AI-powered and SaaS-based capacity management and patient flow software for health systems, today announced its iQueue suite for Operating Rooms, Infusion Centers, and Inpatient Beds was named a winner in the “product” category for the 2023 BIG Innovation Awards. This annual business awards program recognizes global organizations, products, and people that are bringing new ideas to life in innovative ways, and winners were hand selected by a panel of business leaders and executives.
LeanTaaS released new features in June 2022 across its iQueue suite to help its 180+ health system customers manage critical resources during one of the most challenging times in healthcare with staffing shortages, increased patient demand, and constrained finances. The new enhancements to its existing line of iQueue products that were recognized by the 2023 BIG Innovation Award include:
iQueue for Operating Rooms:
- Staffing support through “Future Volume Predictions”: This new feature allows nurse managers/anesthesia staff to peek into future case volume four weeks out to better match staff with patient demand, critical during this workforce shortage. The tool analyzes current bookings, block schedules, physician’s booking and cancellation patterns, and holidays/breaks to provide volume predictions.
- Predicting unfilled blocks to increase access to OR time: The tool allows OR schedulers to predict with 99% confidence how many blocks are likely to be unfilled, up to 21 days in advance and provides early access to auto-release time, making OR time much more likely to be filled so staff can book extra cases or close rooms in advance.
- Automation through “In-App Messaging”: This feature eliminates manual phone calls, faxes, and emails in the OR scheduling process, replacing them with a robust, HIPAA-compliant digital workflow for efficient case communication.
iQueue for Infusion Centers:
- Optimizing nursing resource utilization through “Nurse Pull”: Combines process optimization of clinical operations with advanced algorithms to help infusion centers transition from a “push” method of assigning nurses to a “pull” method, allowing nurses to connect with patients as they’re available.
iQueue for Inpatient Beds:
- Improved LOS through accurate “Patient Level Discharge Predictions”: Improves accuracy of the likelihood of discharges, patient by patient and unit by unit, enabling frontline staff to make data-driven decisions that ensure patients are discharged on time.
“We listen deeply to the needs of our customers, and our team continues to innovate and introduce new product enhancements that help meet their most pressing capacity challenges,” said Mohan Giridharadas, LeanTaaS founder and CEO. “Our iQueue product suite allows health systems to achieve exceptional ROI along with improved provider and patient experience, all of which are critical during this difficult time. It’s an honor for our work to be recognized by the BIG Innovation Awards, and I want to thank our team for their hard work and dedication to transforming hospital operations.”
About Business Intelligence Group
The Business Intelligence Group was founded with the mission of recognizing true talent and superior performance in the business world. Unlike other industry award programs, these programs are judged by business executives having experience and knowledge. The organization’s proprietary and unique scoring system selectively measures performance across multiple business domains and then rewards those companies whose achievements stand above those of their peers.
LeanTaaS provides software solutions that combine lean principles, predictive and prescriptive analytics, and machine learning to transform hospital and infusion center operations. The company’s software is being used by over 180 health systems across the nation, which rely on the iQueue cloud-based solutions to increase patient access, decrease wait times, reduce healthcare delivery costs, and improve revenue. LeanTaaS is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA with offices in Newton, MA and Charlotte, NC. For more information about LeanTaaS, please visit https://leantaas.com/, and connect on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
LeanTaaS Media Contact